Are you a Process Technologist brimming with passion looking to broaden your experience with a highly reputable chilled food manufacturer? With a goal to delight customers and consumers time and time again this established food business supplying the major UK retailers with premium products are seeking their next rising star to strengthen their dedicated team.
Reporting to the NPD Manager you will take ownership of the transition of new products from concept development to production and launch. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Management of the critical path to ensure projects are successfully completed in line with agreed timescales and budgets whilst ensuring customer specifications are adhered to throughout the product lifecycle.
• Co-ordinating and participating in process, scale-up and pre-launch trials for all new products, compiling reports and providing feedback on costs and yield.
• Attendance of food safaris and researching new food trends and innovation.
• Holding pre- and post-trial meetings with Production teams, reviewing budgets and processes to drive efficiency in line with commercial objectives and business strategy.
• Working closely with Quality and Technical teams to organise and attend shelf life and organoleptic tests to guarantee the highest levels of product quality and taste.
• Assisting with raw materials sign off as well as labelling and packaging approval, driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement across the business.
• Supporting NPD teams by providing advice on technical, quality and budgetary aspects of the development process whilst keeping customers updated at all stages of the critical path, building strong relationships and guaranteeing excellent levels of service.
You will be a huge foodie who is mad about food and loves learning about new flavours and meal ideas. Suit a confident and focussed Technologist with amazing attention to detail, the drive to deliver projects and previous experience within the ready meals sector. You’ll have worked in a similar position where you have gained a proven record of delivering improvements to product performance and liaising with major retail customers. You’ll have a strong understanding of product launch procedures and will be at ease taking responsibility for carrying out trials, working to a critical path and implementing HACCP principles. A creative and innovative approach along with first class project management, communication and influencing skills are also essential for achieving success in this fast paced role.
If you’re a real foodie who thrives under pressure then this could be the one for you. Apply now or call us on 0345 2600 737.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.