This is a great opportunity to work for a well-established company, with an ever-expanding range of global products. They are now seeking a Packaging Engineer to join their growing packaging team.
Reporting to the Packaging Manager, you will be accountable for researching and identifying packaging initiatives and solutions to deliver growth, efficiency and sustain performance. You will achieve this by:
· Leading packaging innovation and brand maintenance projects to ensure the flawless delivery of products from every aspect
· Liaising with internal stakeholders, customers and consumers to identify requirements and convert those into key quality attributes and packaging designs
· Developing and maintaining packaging specifications that are fit for purpose and volume manufacturing
· Working with suppliers to ensure packaging performance, while preventing and managing technical issues on existing packaging solutions
· Continually look to drive core packaging and print inspiration to further competitive advantage and future brand growth
Suit a creative, ambitious and commercially astute Packaging Engineer who is looking to build on their expertise of packaging and design with a global brand. You will have a degree in physical sciences/engineering, and have experience working in an FMCG background in the food/pharmaceutical industry. A sound understanding of packaged consumer goods, and a proven experience of introducing and validating new packaging products and manufacturing processes is essential. Experience working on disposable containers/cups would be a bonus.
As well as amazing project management skills you need to love solving problems, have a meticulous eye for detail as well as design. The ability to build strong collaborative relationships is key as you will need to influence key stakeholders whilst advocating company values and a positive working ethos. You’ll need to be adept at managing different cultural styles and be able to communicate and at all levels.
So if you’re looking for a new challenge and keen to be part of this internationally recognised brand then we’d like to hear from you. Apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for more information.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.